Underused Housing Tax 101. Do You Need to File?

This is a very brief simple description of who is affected by this new tax. The short answer is, if you own your own property, and are a Canadian citizen (or PR) you don't need to worry or do anything. Of course, we always suggest checking with an accountant familiar with the new legislation as there are some exemptions!